Ok. We don't know much about Chinese New Year, but we are learning quickly. We understand that it is the equivalent to our Christmas (hence the title, "Merry New Year"). But we are a bit confused because the country is still ornamented with western Christmas decorations as well--even now, two months after the holiday has ended! They clearly celebrate both, but Chinese New Year is a cultural focal point. In this photo is a market stand with various decorations, which are found in abundance this time of year (Chinese New Year is in only about a week and a half, on Feb. 14). Read on to the next post to find out about what else we found at the market . . . if you dare!
Friday, February 05, 2010 | Posted by Kevin and Jana at 2:01:00 AM |
Merry New Year! (The post BELOW THIS ONE is NOT for weak stomachs!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Happy Chinese New Year!!!
This is Auntie Becky....and I have no idea how my comments come up as "Pet Said"......so if anyone knows how I change that....I would be glad to do it.
Have fun.
Love,
Auntie Becky
Now my comment line says "mom said".....so I hope I am entertaining you all!!!!! I will just keep putting my signature at the bottom...and then you will know it is me!!!
Love
Auntie Becky
Hi Jand and Kev, Sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure. Be safe and keep us updated. Love you, Auntie Mary
Sorry Jana that I mis-typed your name, It took me five tries to publish my comments and then Jon came to my rescue. I am so happy you are both so computer literate. Love, Auntie Mary
Post a Comment