Sunday, February 21, 2010 | |

Teacher Jana


Hip hip hooray! I found work! After weeks of job searching and interviews, I was offered a job at a small English school about a mile from our apartment. It is in a nice part of town and owned by really kind people. I am looking forward to starting March 1st.

I will go in this Saturday to meet all my students and lead them in a game. As I rehearsed the game with my bosses, I asked, "And I will be called Mrs. Hogan, correct?" "No, no. In Taiwan you are called Teacher Jana." There is something so cute about that to me. "Teacher."
And if you are wondering, I fully intend on conducting myself like Doris Day in this picture. Doesn't she look so in control of her class?

4 comments:

Tacy Marie said...

Congrats! I am sure you will love it. Working with kids is so rewarding.

Jen Trost said...

Yeah! Congratulations "Teacher Jana"! That'll be so cute to hear the kids call you that. This will be such a neat experience!

Melissa said...

Way to go Teacher Jana! I LOVE LOVE Doris Day! You will do such a great job!

Clarinda said...

Congrats, Teacher Jana! How's it going?